GRACE: The Triple Goddess, + One


I have been a firm believer in the Triple Goddess in each woman and in every woman, embracing the roles of Maiden, Mother, and Crone as they have presented themselves in my life; searching for them within when their specific insights were needed.

But as I age, and realize that women are living longer and healthier lives, I realize there is a void that must be filled by a new entity... she that is no longer quite so responsible as Mother, but who isn't quite yet secure in the role of Crone. Others, of course, have sensed this void, and have chosen their own idea of the needed addition to the Triple Goddess. I, however, am flying free, using only my own thoughts at present. I call this evolving goddess within myself "Grace": Grace because this new span of time for me, and other women, is there by the grace of God; and Grace because I need to learn to accept and share this gift of time and opportunity with grace... gracefully, gratefully, and graciously.

And because Grace is evolving, I will continue to honor the Triple Goddess, but always include Grace as "+ One". Women have always felt "the more the merrier", opening their arms, their homes, and their hearts to others. This blog is dedicated to Creating! Grace within myself and Creating! Graces in others. So, welcome, Grace, as we begin this exploration into your becomings!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Day of Missions and Service: CASA Community Garden

Trinity United Methodist held "Day of Missions and Service" yesterday: I chose the CASA Community Garden as my project in which to participate. Yes, it was hot and there really were a lot of weeds in the sweet potatoes before we got started, but I, along with the other fifteen or so workers, enjoyed a day full of good stories, furthered relationships, and hard work!

CASA (Care Assurance System for the Aging) has many programs, including the garden, which is probably the oldest community garden in the area. Shawn, the Garden Manager, has been working with the garden since September: Having a staff person has paid off in both garden upkeep and volunteer coordination. Volunteer hours include Tuesday and Thursday mornings 8:00 - 11:00 am and Saturday from 8:00 am - 12:00 noon. Shawn also said they may need to begin a Monday sorting and delivery of produce, so the Garden will be looking for volunteers to facilitate this service. For more information, call the CASA office at (256) 533-7775.

No comments:

Post a Comment